Halloween Flash Fiction Contest
Welcome to the Halloween Flash Fiction Contest!!!
As some of you may know, Lykaia began as a flash fiction piece last October. In fact the prologue of the book is the short story that started it all! So, in honor of Lykaia's release lets have a bit of Halloween themed flash fiction fun!
We are now entering week 3! Our first two finalists are....
Finalist # 1
Hotspot by Rob Holliday
Finalist # 2
Billy Carvery by Jason Mueller and Christy Lynn Foster
(Voting for Round 3 opens Monday @ 9am (CST)
Here is how the contest will work….
- There will be one contest each week for the month of October.
- That is 5 contests.
- The winners from the first 4 contests will compete for the grand prize on Halloween.
- The maximum number of submission will be 25. I have put limit on the submissions so that this does not get out of hand.
Follow the link below to the Facebook Event and message me your short story
Halloween Flash Fiction Event
- There is a limit of 1500 words.
- All stories must be Halloween themed. That can include horror stories that scare the pants off of us, ghost stories or tales of the Paranormal.
I will post the stories here, on my blog
- Anyone can vote, but one vote per person.
- Simply leave a comment for your favorite story.
- The story with the most comments wins.
- There will be one winner per week.
- Voting will open Monday of each week at 9AM.
- Voting closes 9AM on Wednesday (central standard time)
- Only one win per writer.
- Once a writer has won a contest, they cannot enter the following weeks.
- Sharing the event is encouraged as it brings attention to the stories. As this is a writers contest feedback is very valuable and I know it is something that I always appreciate.
- Specifically asking for people to vote exclusively on your story goes against spirit of the contest as it is not genuine feedback. Lets try to keep this a meritorious contest, not a popularity contest.
- You cannot vote for yourself.
- The blog will not accept anonymous or unknown votes.
- Any votes posted before voting opens will be deleted. But those people are more than welcome to comment again once voting opens.
The Final Round:
- The four finalists will be required to write a new Flash Fiction piece.
- I will give them a prompt on Oct 25th.
- The stories must be about that prompt.
- The four finalists will have until Monday at 9AM to turn their stories in.
- Voting for the final round on Halloween will be limited to writers who have submitted stories.
- This will not be a public vote. This is, after all, a writers contest. And writers will decide the winner.
The Grand Prize Winner on Halloween will receive...
- Over 25 books, in ebook, paperback and hardcover form.
- A $50.00 Amazon Gift Certificate
- A coupon for 15% off of an editing package (it's up to the writer to decide if they want to use it. I am not endorsing them)
*Note* if you wish to donate to the list of prizes, please message me on Facebook. Once the winner has been decided I will put that person in contact with the donors so that all the prizes go directly to the winner. Please do not send anything to me.
Lets have some fun!